Prevent Medical Error (PME) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. As part of our mission to advance best practices that mitigate medical errors, we will be posting and/or reposting information and links to help you, your family and your providers make the best decisions during the outbreak of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the disease that it causes, COVID-19.
- Self-quarantine; if you need to go out for essentials, maintain at least a six-foot distance between yourself and others.
- When you return home, throw your clothes in a bag and spray disinfectant on them or wash them. Wash your hands and face or take a shower. Wash your towel, wash cloth, and/or hand towel.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds plus, the length of time that it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice.
- Keep your hands and hair away from your face. Sanitize hair accessories.
- Wash and dry hand towels, wash cloths, dish cloths and pillowcases in hot water and more frequently.
- Eat a healthy well-balanced diet with as few processed foods as possible.
- Do not stop or start any new prescription drug, supplement, over the counter medicine or diet before talking with your doctor and pharmacist.
- Keep your list of medications, supplements and over-the counter drugs updated and available to providers and first responders.
- Maintain a good self-care practice and a healthy sense of humor.
Click here for a video by Dr. David Price from Weill Cornell Medical Center: “Empowering and Protecting Your Family During the COVID-19 Pandemic